Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Brody Ave

I hate to think back to days spent in this flat, claiming your habits weren’t so bad, it’s
All I can do to try and forget you, try and forget this past and this place

One more walk down Brody Ave, to pay my respects on the bloodstained ground
Hospital bills and bandages are as gone as you now, I’m done tearing the barbed wire down.
One more walk, one more walk and I’m gone…I’m somewhere better bound.

Counting the pills on your countertop, millions
waiting to take you far away, you
Won’t take one dose, one cure for emotion
Drowning in oceans all alone

Just one more walk down Brody Ave, to pay my respects on the bloodstained ground
Hospital bills and bandages are as gone as you now, I’m done tearing the barbed wire down.
One more walk, one more walk and I’m gone…I’m somewhere better bound.

Fighting memories of your lies, I sliced the ties and lines in much the same way as you cut yourself for all those years, the manufactured tears that grew
so old
as I
grew cold
while
I was fighting memories of your eyes, surprised, I realized if you died tomorrow I wouldn’t know the difference, no telephone call or its voice
To tell me
Are you happy
Are you lonely
Are you breathing still?

No comments: