Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I Don't See Rehab on the Menu (Early 2007)

---this is an instrumental piece, but i've always toyed with the idea of lyrics. these are the snippets from around january 2007---

Thanks for meeting me here tonight, would you care for some wine? I’m not gonna drink much myself, but I think if you do this will easier for us both.
I’ll tell the truth, I’m little bit nervous (like at last Sunday’s service…I try not to forget to pray, but I’m not a saint)…and I’m rambling again.

I shouldn’t have even come in.

What did we think we could do over dinner for two? Did we expect to be better by the time we got the check? Well, I don’t see rehab on the menu, sorry for dragging you to this place…I guess it was all a mistake.

For the first time in my life, I’m afraid to speak tonight…I wish the tables weren’t set (the threat of the knife by your hand isn’t helping my nerves) We’ve aimed our guns and we won’t take our hands off in this Mexican standoff. As soon as you spread your lips, all may go to hell…and I’d leave well enough alone but I can’t tell if this thing was meant to end (was it ever even a “thing” at all?). Well, I don’t know but here we are, afraid to move cause I was scared to stall.

No comments: