Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Days of Sirens and Smoke

I’m in a daze…how many days has it been raining? The crabapple flowers are still hours away from dry. Pink branches sigh, they can bide their time (so can I) dripping remains of the season away. And I’m reminded of days of sirens and smoke, I choked on that sweet fog for so long…and I’m tired. Who put out the fire? No one warned me at all.
Try not to drown, I see the high ground is sinking…I wrote these chords down with your arms around my neck. A smoldering wreck burning recklessly now expires. Summer is gone, lost in puddles by the pyre.
Why would you love me? Why would you kiss me in my moonlight? Silhouette of dying boy and dreaming girl. Why would you love me? Why make it so damned hard to fall? “No regrets,” that lonely cigarette (to calm and burn) dissolves.

No comments: