Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sweet Memories (Summer 2006)

Photographs of you pain my mind, paint my room.
Every word I breathe just brings back to me ghosts of your kiss.
I start to wish the sweet memories would fade; memories would fade away.

Summer slips away, losing hours, losing days
(as my lips lose their urge to speak your name)
Still I can’t smile
Just for a while until all that’s left can fade; memories can fade away

(Funny, I can’t find your face in this mind of erased dreams…but the pain I feel now is far more real now that I’ve lost you one more time)

Finding it’s too late to admit my mistake, I lose you (and my health)
As I tell myself I won’t forget
As I forget these sweet memories; they fade.
I can’t let them fade away.
Memories, they fade.
Please don’t let them fade away.

No comments: