Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Snow Angels (November 2005)

Twenty degrees below too damn cold, it’s four AM and I’d sell my soul for a warmer coat and someone to talk to. And I don’t know why; and I can’t explain why I start feeling warmer when I hear your name. I’d call you out, but you’re still asleep in your room.
What I’d give to have you standing by my side, bundled up against the cold, close enough so I could hold you, your rosy cheeks and rosy lips would stand out against the ice…but you’re not here and I’m alone, making angels in the snow.
Everything shines when the sun hits the snow, your faintest smile would have a heavenly glow; just imagining that makes my day a bit more bright. I lie down in the snow, I let the cold be my friend…but my snow angel’s too deep and I’m in the mud again. I’m back to waiting for you to take me inside.
What I’d give to have you standing by my side, bundled up against the cold, close enough so I could hold you, your rosy cheeks and rosy lips would stand out against the ice…but you’re not here and I’m alone, making angels in the snow.

No comments: