Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Young and Ordinary

Wordless conversation in the backseat of the car between me and Lady Luck; but now she’s looking for somebody new she can fuck and I rue getting too greedy too soon. Now she’s posing downtown, cigarette in her frown, she moonlights as headlights ignite the sad sight of my loss.
Shadow still scares me, love. Can’t you see I am young and ordinary?
The boardwalk is dark now
And I’m going home.

I can fight the midnight, take a cold shower to wash wanton dreams from my skin; but they’re deep in. How I wish this were shallow, I wish this were shallow and I
Hanged from the gallows for days before you cut me down…but I don’t like the ground. It’s cold and it’s hard and it’s lonely so lonely and I…
Shadow still scares me, love. Can’t you see I am young and ordinary?
The boardwalk is dark now
And I’m going home.

No comments: